Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Corkscrew Before the Airfield Expansion

This is my first post in which I am sharing some of my vintage Knott's photos. Although I was born in the mid ‘70s I did not have the pleasure of going into the main park until 1984. I have been purchasing vintage photos and slides at garage sales, swap meets, etc., for years now; long before I had even heard of Charles Phoenix! I will admit that I am much more of an observer than a historian. If any of you would like to share any information about these photos please feel free to do so, and I will gladly make updates!

Both of these photos of the Corkscrew either had to have been taken in 1975 (the year in which this ride and the “Roaring ‘20s” themed area opened) or early 1976 (the year in which the “Roaring ‘20s Airfield” area opened. Many thanks to Tokyomagic! who observed that the Sky Jump is not in these photos, which was part of the Airfield expansion.





Enjoy!

1 comment:

TokyoMagic! said...

I love these early shots of the Corkscrew. I remember riding it that very first summer before the track was painted blue and before the Airfield was added!